Harvest Moon Celebration 2018
CSAS is proud to be a cosponsor for UNC Edible Campus’s Harvest Moon Celebration 2018: Corn Across Cultures.
Enjoy an evening under the light of the Harvest Moon, as we celebrate the fall season of harvest in the Edible Campus UNC* Garden, and the vibrant food cultures of the region. We will hear the stories of inspiring local food and social justice leaders, and celebrate the next generation of food activists.
THIS YEAR’S LINEUP:
– Vimala Rajendran, Vimala’s Curryblossom Cafe
– Spring Council, “Collards and Caviar,” Mama Dip’s Kitchen
– Cecilia Polanco, So Good Pupusas
– Ryan Dial-Stanley, Lumbee student, storyteller, and musician
– Dissimilar South, UNC/Chapel Hill’s southern folk band
– Spoken word artists of the UNC Chapel Hill community, and more!
Attendees are encouraged to pack dinner and blanket, and enjoy this evening Forest Theatre. Light snacks and refreshments featuring ingredients from the Edible Campus Garden will be available from UNC’s student food justice organizations. This event is free and open to the public.
Event organized in partnership with Center for Study of the American South, Carolina Performing Arts, American Indian Center, Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, and UNC’s student food justice organizations.
PLEASE RSVP HERE.
* Edible Campus UNC is a program of the North Carolina Botanical Garden that creates edible landscapes across the UNC Chapel Hill campus to facilitate student engagement in food and agriculture sustainability. Learn more at www.ediblecampus.web.unc.edu, and swing by for a snack!